Monday, November 04, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 4 - "Let the Favor of God Be Upon Us"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In humility and faith, in surrender and trust, I look to You and listen for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands; yes, establish the work of our hands" (Psalm 90:17).
 
I do need Your favor, Lord. I need Your wisdom and Your guidance, Your power and provision. I need You to open the doors that no man can close and close the doors that no man can open, as You order my steps and direct my path (Revelation 3:8). Apart from You I can do nothing (John 15:5).
 
And at the same time, even as my spirit rests in You, in desperate dependence upon You alone to be the Source of everything I need and everything I receive, You set my hands to work. Whether typing a prayer on my laptop or casting out a demon by the finger of God in our prayer room (Luke 11:20), let the work of my hands be an extension of Your hands at work through me into my world. "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
 
Whether our work is in a prayer room or a conference room, whether picking up a briefcase or a lug wrench, let all we do be done for the sake of Christ. "Whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" (Colossians 3:17). By Your Holy Spirit who abides in our spirits, we are Your body, about our Father's business (1 Corinthians 1:27).
 
You stretch out Your hands and speak out Your words through us, as Your ambassadors, commissioned in Christ, anointed by Your Holy Spirit to be Your people who display Your glory in the desires of our hearts and the work of our hands. "All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:18-20).
 
So I do pray for Your favor to fulfill all You've put in my heart to do through the work of my hands today. "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11). By the power of Your grace, empower me to walk uprightly in the steps of Your will through the doors You open today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you walk in the favor of God in all you do for the sake of Christ today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Thank you for joining with me on this daily journey of prayer, seeking to begin each day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. It's my fervent prayer these devotionals are a blessing and encouragement to you!  Please pass them on to someone who could use the blessing and encouragement of God's Word and Spirit!

 

  
 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!