Thursday, November 21, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 21 - Holy Hunger and Passionate Pursuit for More from My Life
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn to You first, to fill my heart with Your Spirit and Your Word, to begin my day grounded and centered in You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
As I listen and wait this morning, there's a surprisingly strong sense of "discontent" stirring in the depths of my soul. This is not peace like river. This is more like a raging river that's ready to break through the dam and rush over the banks of all that would hold me back from all You've created me to be.
 
So search my heart. Show me what needs to be uprooted and removed, what's holding me back, what the enemy of my soul would use to get me out of Your will or defile my witness. Show me what to repent of, and I will; show me what to take hold of, and I will -- all by the power of Your grace at work within me.
 
I don't want to merely live and not die.
I don't want to merely survive, but thrive.
I don't want to wither, but flourish.
I don't want to while away my days, but live each day to its fullest.
I don't want to lean on my own understanding, but lean into Your will, embrace Your wisdom, encounter Your Presence, and experience Your power.
 
So I pray for revival! I pray for more! I pray for it all -- all that's in Your heart for my life and for Your life to be fully expressed through my heart. Like broken bread and poured out wine, I want to live my life in communion with You, serving You, living my best life for You, holding nothing back from You, and completely fulfilled in You.
 
There's a holy hunger burning in my soul. In all honesty, I'm feeling a little frustrated, a little irritated, a little unsettled; and at the same time, I honestly believe it's You who's doing it! And I honestly believe You love me enough to never let me settle for less!
 
I've come too far, left behind too much, fought too many battles, suffered too many losses to settle for anything less than all You have and all You desire for me. Let the world, the flesh, and the devil have no victory over me and no say over my life. Let the Lamb have the full measure of His reward in my life!
 
Come, Holy Spirit!
Come, Holy Fire!
Come revive me! Come awaken me! Come stir up within me this holy hunger and passionate pursuit for the fullness of the Kingdom of God in me and my world in my generation!
 
I take You at Your Word -- "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). "Ho, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you that have no money, come, buy and eat!" (Isaiah 55:1) "The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let everyone who hears say, 'Come!' And let everyone who is thirsty come! Let anyone who wishes take the Water of Life as a Gift!" (Revelation 22:17) 
 
Lord, I'm hungry. Lord, I'm thirsty. Lord, I'm not settling for anything less than more of You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be stirred in your spirit with a holy hunger and passionate pursuit for all God has has for you and your life in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!