Monday, November 18, 2019

Morning by Morning, November 18 - "Altar of Incense"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Then there appeared to him an angel of the Lord, standing at the right side of the altar of incense" (Luke 1:11).
 
As I settled in to my prayer place this morning, I heard right away in my heart "Altar of Incense." And You brought to mind the angelic encounter Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist, had at the Altar of Incense in the Holy of Holies of Your Presence.
 
This place of prayer is my altar of incense. This is my place of heavenly encounters with Your Presence, morning by morning, to begin my day grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit. This is where I lift up my prayers and where You lift up my spirit into the heavenly embrace of communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. As Your Word promises me, "Those who seek Me diligently shall find Me" (Proverbs 8:17). "O Lord, in the morning You hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch" (Psalm 5:3).
 
And of course, I seek to stay connected throughout the moments of my day, to carry You with me in my spirit, but these our personal, intimate times. These are personal, intentional times where You are my only focus, where I seek first the Kingdom of God and Your righteousness (Mathew 6:33). I lift up my heart and lift up my prayers as incense before Your throne. And I pray my prayers are a pleasing aroma to You, my Lord (Revelation 5:8; 2 Corinthians 2:14). 
 
Someone as said, "As prayers go up, blessings come down." You are my Blessing. As my prayers go up, You come down and fill me up! (Ephesians 5:18) Then You send me out from my altar of incense into my day to release the aroma of Christ everywhere I go (2 Corinthians 2:15). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you experience the Presence of the Lord as you diligently seek Him in the communion of prayer from the altar of incense of your heart, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!