Wednesday, August 12, 2020

"Greater Things!" - August 12, 2020

 Morning by Morning, August 12 - "Greater Things!"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day, as I seek to begin each day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"When Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, He said to him, 'Here is truly an Israelite in whom there is no deceit!' Nathanael asked Him, 'Where did You get to know me?' Jesus answered, 'I saw you under the fig tree before Philip called you.' Nathanael replied, 'Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!' Jesus answered, 'Do you believe because I told you that I saw you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than these.' And he said to him, 'Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man!'" (John 1:47-51)
 
Nathanael wanted to know how You got to know him. But You knew all about Nathanael -- not only where he was standing under the fig tree, but also where he was standing in his heart. He was one without deceit, one without guile, one who was ready to come and believe that the very Son of God was with him and knew him, one who was ready to come and see the heavens and the hearts that would be opened in the presence of the One who knows every heart.
 
For one who was ready to see, ready to believe, ready to receive, he would "see greater things than these." So it is with everyone of us who are ready to see, ready to believe, ready to receive. "Greater things" are yet to come!
 
Come, Holy Spirit! Fill my heart today with expectant faith for the greater things that are yet to come. Father, You're not done with me or my city or my nation. There's so much more You have in store for us as the Body and Bride of the Lord Jesus Christ, abiding and thriving, aligning and shining, as one with You and one with each other as Your disciples and ambassadors and ministers of reconciliation wherever we are and everywhere You send us. "All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and has given us this ministry of reconciliation.... So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us!" (2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
 
As the worship song of declaration for citywide revival proclaims: 
 
You're the God of this city. 
You're the King of these people. 
You're the Lord of this nation. 
You are!
You're the Light in this darkness.
You're the Hope to the hopeless.
You're the Peace to the restless.
You are!
There is no one like our God.
There is no one like our God.
Greater things have yet to come!
Great things have yet to be done!
In this City!
Greater things have yet to come!
Greater things are still to be done here!
 
Yes, Lord. God of this city, God who knows our hearts, God who opens up the heavens, let the greater things yet to come and greater things yet to be done come forth here in my heart, here in my city, here in my nation, here in my world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you live into all "the greater things" the Lord our God has for you and for your city, as He opens up His heavens and pours out His Spirit in great revival and awakening in our land and our world, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

PraySA --Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!  www.PraySA.org
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio. Join us Next Sunday Night, August 12 at 7:00 PM! Register your carload at PraySA.org

Watch the Sunday Night Gathering from Last Night Here:
PraySA 2020
PraySA 2020

Pakistan Ministry through Skype Internet Ministry.
Friends, please keep us in prayer this coming Saturday. I'll be speaking a word of encouragement and equipping for a Pastors and Leaders Conference in Kasur City, Pakistan through our Skype Internet Ministry with our ministry partners in Pakistan. Praying for a great outpouring of God's Holy Spirit. (It will be Saturday for them and Friday night for me). God bless you and thank you for your partnership with us in ministry!

New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!