Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Preferring One Another to Love One Another - August 25, 2020

 Morning by Morning, August 25 - Preferring One Another to Love One Another

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and the forefront of my mind, as I begin my day seeking to follow You and be more like You today. ...
 
"We who are strong ought to put up with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Each of us must please our neighbor for the good purpose of building up the neighbor. For Christ did not please Himself; but, as it is written, 'The insults of those who insult you have fallen on Me.' For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, so that by steadfastness and by the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in harmony with one another, in accordance with Christ Jesus, so that together you may with one voice glory the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 15:1-6).
 
Lord, show me where I think I'm strong but am really weak. Show me where I think I'm weak but am really strong. And all the while, show me how to take my eyes off of myself and lift them up to You. Then as I look to You, You'll show me how to see my neighbors around me and all in relationship with me with Your eyes, how to encourage them with Your words, how to love them with Your heart.
 
As we seek to do that for one another, each will be seen, each will be encouraged, each will be loved, as each one needs. Then we can "have hope" in the good things and certain promises You've set before us. Then we can "live in harmony with one another." Then "together (we) may with one voice glorify the God and Father our Lord Jesus Christ."
 
This is one of the ways we're to "bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). This is one of the ways we're to "be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another" (Romans 12:10). This is one of the ways we're to "fulfill the royal law according the Scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'" (James 2:8). And this is one of the ways we're to "come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.... Speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ ... as each part is working properly, promotes the body's growth in building itself up in love" (Ephesians 4:13-16).
 
In our human condition and daily journey of death to our flesh and life to our spirit, we desperately need You to show us Your boundaries and give us Your balance. You desire to set the boundaries for us in pleasant places and with the right spirit (Psalm 16:6). We need Your wisdom as much as we need Your love. So we ask for it, trusting the promise of Your Word to receive Your wisdom in the measure we need, as we humble ourselves to ask (James 1:5).
 
As I've heard one of my spiritual mentors speak many times, "Scripture tells us all to humble ourselves before the Lord, but never tells us to humble somebody else." True humility is one of the greatest indications of spiritual maturity. As we humble ourselves in Your sight, You will lift us up (James 4:10). As we humble ourselves in Your sight, we don't have to build ourselves up or pull anybody else down; You will build us up. And as we walk in humility with one another, bearing with one another, preferring one another, loving one another, seeking Your boundaries and right balance with one another, we will grow and mature with one another into "the measure of the full stature of Christ" we are called to be. As You are, so are we to be in our world (1 John 4:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be lifted up in God's love and grow in God's grace, as He gives you wisdom for good boundaries and love for good relationships, while you humble yourself in His sight to ask for His help, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  
    
Praise Report: Pakistan Skype Internet Ministry Yesterday!
Thank you for all your prayers and support! We're praising God for what He has done in our Pakistan Meeting and excited to share this Praise Report from Pastor Fazal who partners with us to set up these Outdoor Evangelistic Crusades in a different village every month through our Skype Internet Ministry: "Thanks very much to share Wonderful Message with people of Pakistan in Village. Thanks Lord 359 Souls are Saved and 18 People healed from different things! God Bless You More and More Pastor Tommy."

Praise God! Thank You Lord Jesus! Thank you for all your prayers for us and our ministry, my friend! God bless you!





Healing Academy in Fredericksburg, Texas
Please keep us in prayer as Rocio and I travel to Fredericksburg, Texas for a Tuesday Night Series the next several weeks teaching our Healing Academy at Bridge Church. I'll be teaching from the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus!
-Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
   


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!