Thursday, August 20, 2020

"I Keep My Eyes Always on the Lord" - August 20, 2020

 Morning by Morning, August 20 - "I Keep My Eyes Always on the Lord"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all I am and all I do today. ...
 
"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken" (Psalm 16:8).
 
In every challenge, every circumstance, every moment of my day, I have a choice of where I will look. And where I'm looking larging determines where I'm going.
 
Will I look to my problems? ...
No, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord."
Will I look to my past failures? ...
No, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord."
Will I look to man and other peoples' opinions about me and judgments over me? ...
No, "I will keep my eyes always on the Lord."
Will I look to the darkness of my world, with all its chaos and confusion, hatred and fear, violence and lawlessness, injustice and unrighteousness, dread and despair? ...
No, "I will keep my eyes always on the Lord."
 
I don't ignore those things. But I don't focus the priority of my attention on those things. I don't allow those things to define me or control, to limit me or label me. I don't honor those things by having more faith in those things and their power of destruction than my faith in my God and Your power of redemption. No, "I will keep my eyes always on the Lord."
 
As I wait and listen, I hear in my heart: "Look to Me and keep your eyes on Me. Listen to Me and keep your heart turned to Me. See that I am with you. Hear that I am leading you. Know that I am abiding within you and will not let you be shaken even when things are shaken around you." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your written Word immediately comes to mind to confirm Your spoken word in my spirit: "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for indeed our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:28-29). And by the power of Your grace, by the abiding presence of Your Holy Spirit, Your unshakable kingdom is within me (Luke 17:21). "For the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose this day to keep my eyes always on You -- always listening for Your leading, always trusting in Your abiding presence of Your Holy Spirit within me. And as I do, I will not be shaken, for You are establishing in me a kingdom that cannot be shaken. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you unshakeable in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit abiding in you, as you keep your eyes always on the Lord, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    
August 24th will be our Next Outdoor Evangelistic Crusade in Pakistan where we have seen hundreds saved by the Lord, with much healing and freedom, every month in our partnership with Pastor Fazal in a different village outreach each month through our Skype Internet Ministry. Please keep us in prayer!

New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!