Thursday, August 13, 2020

"Lean In. Look Up. Be Lifted Up." - August 13, 2020

 Morning by Morning, August 13 - "Lean In. Look Up. Be Lifted Up."

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what's on Your heart; help my heart become more like Your heart -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ... 

As I wait and listen, I hear in my heart, "Lean in to Me. Look up to Me. Be lifted up in your spirit into My Spirit, above all that I put beneath you by the power I've put within you." ... 

Yes, Lord. This Word from Your Scripture comes to mind to confirm Your word in my heart: 

"You were dead through the trespasses and sins in which you once lived, following the course of this world, following the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work among those who are disobedient. All of us once live among them in the passions of our flesh, following the desires of flesh and sense, and we were by nature children of wrath, like anyone else. But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ -- by grace you have been saved -- and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:1-7). 

As I "lean not" on my own understanding, but lean in to You and trust in You, You lift me up, You raise me up with You in the heavenly places of Your Presence. You make me alive. You cause me to thrive. And instead of the spirit of the world at work within me, the Spirit of God is now at work within me.  In the kindness of Your love and riches of Your grace, You take away the passions of my flesh and give me the passions of Your Spirit. You change my fallen nature into Your resurrected nature, as You make me alive in Christ, with the Spirit of Christ alive in me. 

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set (me) free from the law of sin and death.... For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.... But (by the power of the grace of God at work within me, I am) not in the flesh; (I am) in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (me).... If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in (me), He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to (my) mortal body also through His Spirit that dwells in (me)!" (Romans 8:1-11)

Thank You, my Father, for all Your loving kindness and tender mercies! Thank You, Lord Jesus, my Lord and Savior, for Your sacrifice of Your blood that I can have such forgiveness and freedom! Thank You, Holy Spirit, that I can be lifted up into the heavenly places above all that would pull me down or pull me back into the ways the world and the flesh and the devil to be filled up with the very Presence and Spirit of the Living God who lives in me! 

Yes, Lord. Thank You for this Power You've put within me. Make me more like You today. For as You are, so am I to be (Romans 8:29; 1 John 4:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you lean in, look up, and be lifted up in the embrace of Your Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit, as the Spirt of the Living God makes your heart more like His heart today, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Pakistan Ministry through Skype Internet Ministry.
Friends, please keep us in prayer this coming Saturday. I'll be speaking a word of encouragement and equipping for a Pastors and Leaders Conference in Kasur City, Pakistan through our Skype Internet Ministry with our ministry partners in Pakistan. Praying for a great outpouring of God's Holy Spirit! (It will be Saturday for them and Friday night for me). God bless you and thank you for your partnership with us in ministry!


PraySA --Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!  www.PraySA.org
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio. We're meeting in the parking lot of Freeman Coliseum. Join us Next Sunday Night, August 16th at 7:00 PM! (Gates open at 6:00) Register your carload at PraySA.org
Livestream available too for those out-of-town.

Watch Last Sunday Night's Gathering Here:
PraySA 2020
PraySA 2020



New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!