Tuesday, August 04, 2020

"The Ancient Paths, Where the Good Way Lies" - August 4, 2020

Morning by Morning, August 4 - "The Ancient Paths, Where the Good Way Lies"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to lead me in Your ways and make me more like You today. ...
 
"Thus says the Lord:  Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls" (Jeremiah 6:16).
 
Truly we stand at the crossroads of our times. Truly the choices we are making now will determine our destinies -- personally and as a people, in our communities and in our nations.
 
Will we rush headlong on the path of self-destruction, divided and devoured from enemies without and within, blinded by rage and paralyzed in fear, hardened in bitterness and burning with vengeance? Or will we choose to "look" to the Lord our God in listening prayer, to "ask" for the ancient paths in humble trust, and to "walk" in the ways You set before us? Will we "find" rest for our souls or find out there's no rest for the wicked, no peace for the prideful and arrogant, and no place that is safe apart from obedience to Your will and trusting in Your ways?
 
Let us choose well. Let us choose this day whom we will serve. Let us choose what path we will take, with all of its consequences for our lives and our world.
 
So what are "the ancient paths, where the good way lies"? ...
 
As I wait and listen, it seems I hear You speaking in my heart: "The ancient paths are My eternal ways I have revealed to you in My Word and revealed to you in the ways of My Son who walked out My will as He walked on this earth for all to see My heart and know My ways and walk in them after Him." ...
 
Yes, Father. As I think on the life of the Son of God, the Word of God made Flesh to live and walk among us, I think of the good ways He revealed:  To love God and love one another. Respect. Honor. The fear of the Lord. Kindness. Compassion. Mercy. Encouragement. Empowerment. Speaking words of spirit and life, blessing and peace wisdom and truth. Confronting evil with good, hate with love. Overcoming darkness with light. Obedient to the Father while growing in wisdom and stature and favor with God and with man. Self-sacrificing. Secure in His identity and fulfilling His destiny in trusting surrender, obedient faith, and expectant hope. Standing up for the downtrodden, speaking up for voiceless, while reaching up to the Father in prayer to be filled up with the Holy Spirt in power to live out a life that honored You and revealed Your Father heart to us.
 
Yes, Father. These are "the ancient paths, where the good way lies." As we stand at the crossroads -- as I stand at my own crossroads that confront me in every decision I'll make throughout the moments of my day -- may You give us the humility and wisdom to look up to You and ask for Your ways, along with the courage and grace we need to faithfully walk in them. As we do, we will find rest for our souls. 
 
Lord, let it be so in me and in the hearts of Your people who are called by Your name in every tongue and tribe and nation of our world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you find rest for your soul as you look up and ask for the ancients paths, where the good way lies to walk in the ways of the Lord today, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

         

PraySA --Prayer for Revival in San Antonio!  www.PraySA.org
I'm excited to be part of a group of prayer warriors in our community planning times of prayer for awakening and revival in our community and beyond, being led by Max Lucado in San Antonio.
Watch our Short Video Call to Prayer here:  

Pray SA - Park and Pray
Pray SA - Park and Pray


Plans are coming together for a citywide prayer for revival gathering in the parking lot where the San Antonio Spurs play basketball and our city holds the San Antonio Rodeo at the Freeman Coliseum/AT&T Center. This will be a Solemn Assembly and Holy Convocation of heartfelt humility and repentance through citywide prayer for ourselves and our land on Sunday Nights, August 9th and 16th. Please keep us in prayer to follow the Holy Spirit's leading. If you would like to be involved and help spread the word, please send me a note: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 



New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!