Morning by Morning, September 2, 2026 — “Rumbling”
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day. …
As I wait for the leading of Your Spirit, I sense a deep spiritual “rumbling.” Like a deep anticipation, like when your stomach rumbles because you’re hungry, reminding you to eat.
I’m reminded of Ezekiel, when You told him, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it” (Ezekiel 3:3). You told him, “Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you” (v. 10). Then he heard the “rumbling” as he expressed his spiritual experience:
“Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound as the glory of the Lord rose from the place where it was standing. It was the sound of the wings of the living creatures brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound” (v. 12-13 NIV).
I’m no prophet and I’m not seeing any turning wheels or living creatures. But I am sensing a deep rumbling in my spirit. I am sensing that something is shifting, something is moving, something is getting ready to advance or break through or bust forth.
I don’t know what it is. As Ezekiel would later say, in the midst of another spiritual experience, “Sovereign Lord, You alone know” (Ezekiel 37:3).
You alone know, Lord. But whatever it is You’re about to do, I’m in! Don’t leave me out. Don’t pass me by. Do whatever You need to do in me to get me ready to be able to move with You. Revival. Awakening. A great move of Your Spirit. Shaking everything that can be shaken so that only what can’t be shaken remains (Hebrews 12:27). Whatever we call it, whatever You’re doing, I want to know my place and take my part.
Like the “rumbling” of a volcano before the eruption, You’re rumbling in my spirit, stirring up a hunger in me. A hunger for Your Word. A hunger for Your Spirit. A hunger to pray and intercede and proclaim the coming of the Kingdom of God. To make way for the coming of the King! A hunger for a great awakening in my heart and in my world! A hunger of expectant faith, excited to see all You’re about to do! And I believe You’ll prepare me to do my part and position me to get to be a part! All in Your time and all in Your way. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged this day. In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
My friend, may you behold the new that has come, letting go the past and taking hold of all God has for you now, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!
Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer: https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries 502 North Milam Street Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Please share this word to encourage a friend! Anyone can sign up for free at: https://messiah-ministries.org
My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays
“Setting hearts free to be all you were created to be —Free to Be Like Jesus— secure in your identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling your destiny"
https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute |