Friday, November 04, 2005

"Many Sons unto Glory" 11-4-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You've taught me how important it is to start my day with You -- to offer to You my first thoughts and words as a living sacrifice. These first moments of the morning will set the course for the rest of my day. As the worship song says, "Lord I give You my heart, I give You my soul. I live for You alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I'm awake, I live my life for You." ... As Tricia began her morning with You yesterday before going to have the ultrasound of her womb, Your Holy Spirit led her to Psalm 45. These words spoke to her heart: "In the place of ancestors You, O King, shall have sons; You will make them princes in all the earth" (Psalm 45:16). Though we had been thinking we would have a daughter, she said yesterday morning, "I think the Lord is telling me we're going to have a son." As it turns out ... that's what the doctor said too. Father, we thank You for the gift of children. We thank You for the gift of this son. We dedicate and consecrate his spirit and soul and body to You as a holy, living sacrifice. He is a prince of the King. Cleanse him continually in the blood of Jesus, purify him always in the fire of the Holy Spirit, forever fill his heart with the love of the Father heart of God. May Your peace rest upon his shoulders and may Your joy fill his spirit. May You sanctify him by the washing of Your Word and anoint him in the power of Your Spirit. You are "bringing many sons unto glory," those "'who are being sanctified" for Your purposes and Your glory (Hebrews 2:10-11). With his mother and our family, I entrust this son to You to be one of Your sons -- a son of God, a prince of the King, a man after God's own heart -- in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Give us all humility and faith, wisdom and courage, to raise up our children -- both natural and spiritual -- in the way they should go, to live their lives for You (Proverbs 22:6). As Your sons and daughters, keep training us and raising us up in the way we should go. Let our lives be living sacrifices of praise that bring joy to Your heart. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com