Thursday, June 14, 2007

Abandoned to God 6-14-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I need You, Lord, to guide my thoughts and direct my desires. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust and abandon myself to You. ... "I will most gladly spend and be spent for you" (2 Corinthians 12:15). I've been reading a biography of the life of Oswald Chambers, Abandoned to God. And so he was. Though he had a deep and intimate relationship with You almost all of the entirety of his life, he came to a place of full surrender, emptied of himself and filled with You -- he called it "baptized with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 1:5). From that day forward, though he continually grew in grace and maturity of spirit, his life was fully abandoned to You. Like Paul and the faithful remnant of Spirit-filled followers of Christ through the generations in between and since, he was willing to spend and be spent for Your purposes according to Your plans. Like Paul, he longed and labored to see Christ formed in the lives of all You touched through his writings and words and prayers (Galatians 4:19). Every where You sent him, he yearned to see Your people "saved, sanctified, and healed." So do I. Lord, bring me to that place of abandon and full surrender. I confess I still see too much of me and not enough of You in the motives of my heart. I still seek too much the approval of man instead of only the approval of God. I still tend to find my sense of security and significance in the opinions of others instead of only in the opinion of the One who matters most. Continue to uproot my pride, crucify my flesh, and deliver me from false humility. Give me the desire and the power to yield my life completely to You, that I may spend and be spent for You. Then my writings and words and prayers will have Your power and will accomplish Your purposes through my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I have been sensing an increasing desire to devote a significant part of my time to writing and would appreciate your prayers. I have been working on a book about the spiritual principles I have been learning in prayer ministry for some time, but need to bring it to completion. Other have been helping me and encouraging me to put these devotional prayers into a book form. The thought has been coming to me to begin spending much of the summer months focused more on writing than prayer ministry. Please join me in praying for confirmation of the Lord's leading, the necessary provision of time and resources if it is, and the necessary correction and shift of focus and desire if it is not. Thank you for joining me in the journey, and I pray for clarity of your calling in this season of your ministry to the Lord as well! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com