Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Like a Bursting Flood" 6-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Like my electric razor, I want to be charged up, ready to be used, and ready to travel. These first moments of the morning with You alone are when You charge me up in the power of Your Spirit for the assignments and travels of each day. ... "So he went up to Baal-perazim, and David defeated them there. David said, 'God has burst out against my enemies by my hand like a bursting flood' " (1 Chronicles 14:11). Yesterday morning I went to pray at the Asbury House of Prayer, where students from the college and seminary gather in watches throughout the day and night to pray. Our little community of Wilmore is making preparations for the twenty thousand or so young people who converge here every year from across the nation for the Ichthus Christian music festival. Many lives will be forever changed and sent home to set fire to the lives they touch. As I prayed for Asbury and for Ichthus, You began to show me the image of a large dam holding back flood waters from a dry river bed. But there were cracks in the dam, widening as water began to trickle through from the pressure of the flood waters behind the dam ready to burst through. I sketched out the scene and wrote out this prayer and proclamation that came to my spirit: "Be broken, O dam, of all that would hold back the flow of the Spirit of God in power to touch a dry and thirsty land and a dry and thirsty people. Be broken, strongholds of religion and pride and control, that the river of God may flow freely and swiftly in a flood of God's love and grace." Through the victory of the cross, our spiritual enemies are defeated and You are bursting through their strongholds in our lives and our communities. Let our prayers continue to build the pressure of Your power to be released in a flood of Your Spirit. Let the River of Life break through the barriers and overflow the banks of our man-made attempts to try to control Your power and direct Your presence in our way instead of embracing Yours, leaving our souls and our land dry and thirsty. Come, Holy Spirit, like a bursting flood with the freedom to flow as You will in our lives and our land. The stones and rocks of our dry river beds are crying out for Your flood waters to come bursting forth. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we will be leaving tomorrow to take our family out to spend a couple of weeks with my mom and family out west. I plan to keep up my devotional times and sending out my prayers as I am able. I would appreciate your prayers for a restful and joyful time, and I pray the same for you and your families. Thank you for joining me in the journey. God bless, Tommy To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com