Monday, July 30, 2007

Set the Compass of My Soul 7-30-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. May You increase as I decrease. May You be the center of my attention and the focus of my worship in these first moments of my morning. ... "These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another, render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace, do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath; for all these are things that I hate, says the Lord" (Zechariah 8:16-17). Convict me when I'm tempted to lie. Restrain me when I'm tempted to stir up strife. Prompt me when I'm tempted to stay silent in the face of injustice, oppression, and need. Let my words and my actions reveal the nature of a heart and mind entrusted to You today. "May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You" (Psalm 25:21). Set the compass of my soul toward the true north of Your Word and Your ways. Help me chart my course throughout my day by the leading of Your Spirit. It all begins here in these fist moments of worship and prayer, as I yield my unrighteousness to Your righteousness, my human spirit to Your Holy Spirit. "The way of the righteous is level; O Just One, You make smooth the path of the righteous. In the path of Your judgments, O Lord, we wait for You; Your name and Your renown are the soul's desire" (Isaiah 26:7-8). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com