Thursday, May 03, 2012

"Love is Patient, Love is Kind" - May 3

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My eyes are on You. Help me see You as You are and see me as I am. As I behold You, You are changing me into Your image (2 Corinthians 3:17). ...

"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends..." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8).


Lord God, You are my Father and You are my Friend. And You are Love (1 John 4:8). That's not just one of Your attributes or part of Your nature or something You do. That's who You are. That's the essence of Your Being. And You want me to be more like You every day. As You are, so am I to be in this world. "God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.... Because as He is so are we in this world (1 John 4:16-17).


So help me, empower me to be more patient, to be more kind, to be more thoughtful and hopeful and faithful. Help me to be more of all these things that describe Your love, that describe Your heart and Your nature. Help me be more like You each day. For this is Your will and my destiny-to be conformed into the image of Christ, to be conformed into the image of the One who is Love (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out