Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gift of Joy - May 29

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let the adventure of our day begin. Let Your name be the first word that I speak and Your will be the first choice of my heart. ...

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your steadfast love in the morning, and Your faithfulness by night.... For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy" (Psalm 92:1-4).


You make me glad and Your fill me with joy. Every day is not easy and every task is not fun, but regardless of what I may face and regardless of what I may feel, You are always ready to fill me with joy. Your joy is my strength, O Lord (Nehemiah 8:10).


When I think of Your steadfast love in the morning, You fill me with joy. When I think of Your faithfulness at night, You fill me with joy. When I think about You and all You've done for me and in me and through me, You fill me with joy. The gift of joy is part of my inheritance as a child of the King of the Kingdom of God. "For the Kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).


So by the power of the grace of God, I will not let anything steal my gift of joy. It is precious treasure-to be guarded and cherished, to be taken in and given away-regardless of what may try to come. Even the sufferings of the cross could not steel away Your gift of the Father's joy from You. It was "for the sake of the joy that was set before (You)" that You "endured the cross, disregarding its shame" (Hebrews 12:2). And it's for the sake of the joy that I praise You and thank You for the adventures to come this day with You. You have made me glad and I will sing for joy. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I will be spending the next few days with our collegues in the MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries at the home base in Fort Mill, SC, led by Rick Joyner. We're excited to be having a time of personal prayer, anointing and impartation tonight from the leaders (www.morningstarministries.org). Please keep us in prayer for this time of renewal, encouragement, and strengthening of relationships. We pray the same for you!


Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out