Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Morning by Morning, June 26 - "Encouraged and United in Love"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King and Lord of every moment of my day.  ...

"I want their hearts to be encouraged and united in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding and have the knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:2-3).

We are to be a people encouraged and united in love -- not in a common cause to do good things, not in great expectations of great victories for our favorite team, not in our agreement about forms of government or philosophies of life -- but in love. The bond we have as the Body of Christ, growing in the understanding and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Himself, is what unites us and encourages us to become all we were created to be. And it's in our journey together we become "mature in Christ" (v. 1:28).

Free us from what divides us. Remind us of what's really important. Let our lives be the passionate pursuit of seeking out the hidden treasure of Christ Himself. Bring us to the place where we can say with Paul, "I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord... I want to know Christ..." (Philippians 3:8-11). Let that be the common bond that encourages us and unites us in love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will be encouraged and united in love with our fellow travelers in our passionate pursuit of Christ Himself. May we all become mature in Christ. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257