Monday, June 03, 2013


Morning by Morning, June 3 - "Choose This Day"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and at the heart my desires, now and throughout the moments of my day.  ...

"Now therefore revere the Lord, and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness; put away the gods that your ancestors served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. Now if you are unwilling to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, ... but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"(Joshua 24:14-15).

Through Joshua, You brought Israel into their promised land. You encouraged them to embrace their inheritance and rest in the peace of all You provided them. There would still be battles to fight and temptations to resist. But even those would all be used to teach them their identity and confirm their destiny as a people set apart to revere the Lord as a sign and a witness to all the world around them.

In response to all You'd done for them, all by the power of Your grace, every new day was still a new choice You set before them. Who would they honor? Who would they serve? Yes, the past generation made the choice to follow Moses out of Egypt. Yes, their generation made the choice to follow Joshua into their promised land. But each day was still a new choice to honor You or not, to serve You or not.

Joshua made his choice known-"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.' And by the power of the grace of God, I make my choice known-as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Everyone in the world around me has the right to make their own choice. And their choice may influence me and my house and my life. But I am responsible for the choices I make, as I embrace the path for each new day.

I have a life-the promised land of my inheritance in Christ and the spheres of influence around me each new day. I have a spiritual foundation established in Christ, and it's my responsibility to choose how I will build upon that foundation every day (1 Corinthians 3:10). I have begun a spiritual journey, and it's my responsibility to choose what path I'll take every new day along this journey. As You said long ago:  "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14). By the grace and guidance of God, let me choose well this day and every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you choose well by the guidance and grace of God who you will serve in all the spheres of influence entrusted to you today. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257