Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Morning by Morning, June 11 - Complete Joy

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice as I sit at Your feet to begin my day with You in the holy communion of prayer.  ...

"I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:11).

Jesus, Your words speak life to my spirit and bring joy to my heart. I thank You for the living word of Your Scripture. And I thank You for the living word of Your voice. I am "cleansed by the word" You speak into my life to be my comfort and guide, my strength and shield, the very source of my peace and joy (v. 15:3). You are the very Word of God (v. 1:1).

It seems I hear You say, "In this world you will have much tribulation, but through it all you will have my joy. My joy is in you."

Thank You, Lord Jesus. Thank You for Your promise that as we abide in You and You abide in us, we will have joy. In the pain and through the challenges of life in this broken, fallen world You promise our "pain will turn to joy" and "no one will take (our) joy from (us)" (v. 16:20-22). Though "we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God," we can do it with joy in our hearts because the One who is perfect Joy, the One who completes our joy, ever abides in our hearts (Acts 14:22, KJV).

Let my spirit awaken to seek to see what You're doing, hear what You're saying, and sense what You're showing as I willing choose to live for You today in joyful obedience. Thank You for saying these things to me so that my joy may be complete. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may your joy be made complete in Jesus today! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Thank you for joining with me in the this journey of prayer, morning by morning, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257