Thursday, June 20, 2013

Morning by Morning, June 20 - Sons of God, Not Slaves of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Word of God. Word of God, speak to my heart and awaken my spirit, as I begin my day with You.  ...

"For in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith.... And because you are children, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So you are no longer a slave but a child, then also an heir, through God" (Galatians 3:26-4:7).

Daddy Abba, my Father God, You've given me Your Holy Spirit, "the Spirit of Christ," to live in my heart and to change my life (Romans 8:9). In Christ, I am a son of God, because the Son of God lives in me by the Spirit of God.

So whenever I'm tempted to think like a slave, remind me to think like a son. Whenever I'm confused about my identity, remind me that I am who You say I am. Whenever I question my destiny, remind me that I have an eternal inheritance as a child of the one true King.

The truth is my Daddy is God. "When we cry, "Abba! Father!' it is (His) very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Romans 8:15-16). And the best thing about my Daddy is that He loves me (John 3:16). And my Daddy loves me enough to do all He can to help me grow up to be just like Him (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will live today in the confidence of the truth that you are a child of God, deeply loved by God, who is at work in You and through You every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'm excited to be going to Claremore, Oklahoma this weekend at the CMore House of Prayer to encourage the intercessors and watchmen on the wall of the region, being hosted by my good friend, Tiffany Miller Lotz calledAbove the Storm. Please keep us in prayer and come join us if you can!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257