Friday, June 28, 2013


Morning by Morning, June 28 - Guiding Light

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. I'm Your disciple and You're my Teacher. I'm Your sinner and You're my Savior. I'm Your servant and You're my Master. I'm Your child and You're my Father. As I start my day in prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- come fill my spirit, direct my thoughts, and order my steps.  ...

"By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace" (Luke 1:74).

Savior of our souls, You are our Guiding Light. You are the Light of the world that breaks into our darkness (John 8:12). And darkness can never overcome Your Light.

And even though darkness may increase and obscure much, even seeking to eclipse the light of the glory and truth of our God if that were possible, the Light always wins, the Light always shines through. "For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and His glory will appear over you. Nations shall come to your Light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn" (Isaiah 60:2-3).

Though there is always darkness before the dawn, there will always be a dawn of a new day when the light of the son bursts forth to overcome the darkness of the night. So let it be in our hearts and so let it be in our land. "The sun of righteousness shall arise" (Malachi 3:2). "It is You who light (our) lamp; the Lord, (our) God, lights up (our) darkness" (Psalm 18:28). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you hold fast in faith through the darkness of whatever night you may ever endure until the Son of Righteousness breaks forth with the dawn of a new day in the light of His glory in your heart and your land. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257