Thursday, August 01, 2013


Morning by Morning, August 1 - "Be Imitators of God"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up in my life today.  ...

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" (Ephesians 5:1-2).

Abba! Father! You are my Daddy Abba, my Father God; and I am Your child, a son of God, through the blood of Christ (Romans 8:15). I want to grow up to be like You. Sometimes I think too much coffee or something has stunted my growth. But I do desire to answer Your call to each one of us to "be imitators of God." And I know that's Your desire for me as well, "to be conformed to the image of (Your) Son" (Romans 8:29).

In Your mercy and love, by the power of Your grace, cleanse my soul and purify my heart "by the washing of water by Your word" (Ephesians 5:26). I have no power, or even desire, in my flesh alone apart from the leading of Your Spirit moving in my spirit to cause me to seek Your nature as my goal. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for (Your) good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). But I am not alone; and Your Spirit is within me to enable me with the desire and the power to grow up in spiritual maturity toward the image of Christ.

Like a good Father, who wants the best for his children, You'll correct me and encourage me, as You direct me and empower me to live into Your purpose for my life (Hebrews 12:5-6). And Your purpose is to make me more like You. Lord, let it be so, all in Your time, all in Your way, all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit of God living in you enable you with the desire and the power to be conformed to the image of Christ, growing up in spiritual maturity as an imitator of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue