Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 27 - Consumed with Fiery Zeal

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Consume me in the fire of Your Spirit. Possess me in the power of Your love.  ...

"Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign; he reigned thirty-one years in Jerusalem. He did what was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked in the ways of his ancestor David; he did not turn aside to the right or to the left. For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was still a boy, he began to seek the God of his ancestor David, and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem of the high places, the sacred poles, and the carved and the cast images. In his presence they pulled down the altars of the Baals; he demolished the incense altars that stood above them. He broke down the sacred polies and the carved and the cast images; he made dust of them and scattered it over the graves of those who had sacrificed to them. He also burned the bones of the priests on their altars, and purged Judah and Jerusalem. In the towns ... as far as Naphtali, their ruins all around, he broke down the altars, beat the sacred poles and the images into powder, and demolished all the incense altars throughout all the land of Israel. Then he returned to Jerusalem" (2 Chronicles 34:1-7).

Josiah was passionate about the things of God. His very name in Hebrews means the Fire of the Lord. He was not intimidated by the culture and compromise around him. He was filled with a heart for God. And as a forerunner of the coming Messiah, zeal for the house and heart of God consumed him (Psalm 69:9, fulfilled in John 2:17).

Lord, let zeal for Your house and Your heart consume me. Let the fire of the Lord burn in my spirit. Keep me free from the false fervency and fake intimacy of legalism and self-righteousness, but awaken within me a true zeal for You and what really matters -- the matters of the heart. Set my heart ablaze with a true passion and uncompromising faith. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be consumed with a fiery zeal for the Lord. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I would appreciate your prayers. Since returning home from Africa last week, my stomach has not been quite right. I'm going to get it checked out and I thank God for every way He chooses to heal and set things right in our lives. I pray His peace and healing for you. Thanks for joining with me in the journey of prayer!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue