Monday, January 11, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 11 - To Tremble Again at the Word of God
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. All to You, I surrender and entrust my life and this day.  ... "But this is the one to whom I will look, to the humble and contrite in spirit, who trembles at My word" (Isaiah 66:2). Do I still tremble at Your word, Lord? Do sincerely seek to hear Your voice, learn Your ways, and obey Your commands? Or have I allowed the ways of this world to whittle down the sharp edge of the word of God and allowed my culture to compromise my conscience and dull my spiritual discernment? "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account" (Hebrews 4:12-13 NKJV). Come, Holy Spirit. Awaken my soul. Revive my spirit. Let me tremble at the word of the Lord again.  May the fear of the Lord and the honor of God's Word come upon me anew -- the written Word of Your Scripture and the living words of Your Spirit. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight" (Proverbs 9:10). Let the Word of God be the authority for my life and the only standard by which I determine what is right and what is true, what is the most loving and honoring, what is best and most fulfilling. Set me free from the self-centered pride that insists on my wisdom and my way, to assert my will of what I choose to be right, apart from Your Word. Deliver me from the deception that chooses to believe it's ok to consider Your way as one way among many and Your commandments as Your opinions for me to consider. "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16). "Heaven and earth will pass away, but (Your) words will not pass away" (Luke 21:33). You look to the one who is "humble and contrite in spirit," not the one who is prideful, arrogant, and self-centered (Isaiah 66:2). Lord, I seek Your favor; I need Your blessings. So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. I want to tremble at Your word again. I want to say gain, "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord, God of hosts" (Jeremiah 15:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will tremble again at the Word of God, allowing His Word and His Spirit to set the standards in your life, in Jesus' name. And my the favor and blessings of the Lord be upon you this day and every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!