Thursday, January 28, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 28 - Roots of Trust Run Deep
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my spirit with Your Spirit; align my heart with Your heart.  ...
 
"Thus says the Lord:  Cursed are those who trust in mere mortals and make mere flesh their strength, whose hearts turn away from the Lord.... Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. They shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of the drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:5-8).
 
Lord, let my roots run deep. Let them stretch out to the stream of Your living water. Then when the heat comes, my leaves will not wither; and through the seasons of drought, my branches will continue to bear fruit.
 
Teach me how to trust You now, so I'll not be tempted to turn my trust to mere mortals or my flesh through any dry, desert days that may come. Teach me how to activate my trust, to be intentional and committed in my trust, rather than passively assenting to some general, abstract sense that I could trust in You if I ever really needed to. 
 
Teach me how to deliberately put my trust in You, desperately dependent upon You alone, and keep it there. Let there be no room for shallow roots in my relationship of trust in You. Come, Holy Spirit. Let my roots of trust run deep. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray your roots of trust run deep, as you actively, deliberately put your trust in the Lord, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 
Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as I join the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries team to speak on the Father's Heart and Kingdom Encounters for a Life in the Spirit Seminar at Friendship United Methodist Church in Porter, Texas just north of Houston (http://aldersgaterenewal.org/events/local-church-events/life-in-the-spirit-seminar). God bless you and may His Holy Spirit fill you and your church with His love and power!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!