Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 12 - Speak What is Precious, Live What is True
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me afresh with Your Spirit today.  ... "Therefore thus says the Lord:  If you turn back, I will take you back, and you shall stand before Me. If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall serve as My mouth. It is they who will turn to you, not you who will turn to them. And I will make you to this people a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you, but they shall not prevail over you, for I am with you to save you and deliver you, says the Lord. I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless" (Jeremiah 15:19-21). Lord, let me speak what is precious and live what is true. Let the words of my mouth and the actions of my life be priceless pearls, faithful and true, because they come from You. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Fill my spirit with Your Spirit and let Your Word be the plumb line and standard for all that I speak and all that I do.  Empower me to stand firm in Your strength as a fortified wall of bronze against the onslaught of the ways of my world and spirit of my culture, increasingly at war with the ways of Your Word and paths of Your righteousness. By the power of the grace of God, let the world around me see Christ within me. Let them be drawn to light of "Christ in (me), the hope of glory," and guard my heart from being drawn to the darkness of the ways of the world around me -- no matter how persistent the pressure that seeks to prevail against my conscience of faith (Colossians 1:27). Instead, let them turn to me  -- to Christ in me -- instead me turn to them. When the world is looking for certainty and longing for security in the midst of the chaos and confusion, let me be one who finds my certainty and security in Your timeless truth. You are my Truth (John 14:6). And because You're in my heart, Your "Spirit of Truth" is at home and at work within me (John 16:13). And Your abiding Truth cannot abide the compromises and lies that seek to break through the walls of my conscience and invade my soul to take up a hold within me (1 John 2:27). Make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). Let my words express Your words and my ways express Your heart. Let me not be conformed to the world around me, but let me be transformed by Your Spirit within me (Romans 12:2). Let me be courageously confident in Your precious words and persistent truth, in Your unfailing love and unending grace (Lamentations 3:22). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will speak what is precious and live what is true, with the Spirit of Truth abiding in you, make you more like the One who is the Truth every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!