Friday, January 15, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 15 - Set Apart and Sent Out
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I worship You and welcome You here in my heart and the moments of my day.  ...
 
"While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for Me Barnabus and Saul for the work to which I have called them" (Acts 13:2).
 
Lord, You invited me to begin this new year with forty days of prayer and fasting. It's a means of Your grace to draw me to a deeper place of hungering and thirsting for You and Your righteousness, to filled afresh with Your Spirit, and to sense Your leading for my life in this season. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6).
 
As they were seeking You in this way, You spoke by Your Spirit to "set apart for (You) Barnabas and Saul for the work to which (You had) called them." Like them, I want to hear the voice of Your Holy Spirit. I seek to know the work to which You have called me -- not the work of the past season, not the work of the future season, but the work to which You have called me in this season now.
 
Barnabus and Saul were "sent out by the Holy Spirit" and "they went" to where You led them, each step of the way along the adventure of the journey of faith You set before them (Acts 13:4). Immediately, and not surprisingly, they were aggressively "opposed" (v. 13:8). But they were "filled with the Holy Spirit" to overcome their opposition and continue on in the work to which You had called them (v. 13:9). You confirmed Your words and affirmed their calling with Your presence and Your power (v. 13:9-11). And the people they encountered through their journey and ministry of faith were "astonished at the teaching about the Lord" (v. 13:12).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh today, as I surrender my will and entrust my life to You and Your leading. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). Secure in my identity as a child of God, filled and led by the Spirit of God, I want to live into the fullness of the calling and destiny You have for me each day.
 
When Barnabus and Saul went out on their journey, they had no idea of all they would encounter and endure as You empowered them to overcome and prevail in the work to which You set them apart and sent them out. But they found they were "more than conquerors" through the One who loved them and called them and sent them by the leading and power of Your Spirit (Romans 8:37). And that's the journey I seek -- as best as I can and all by Your grace -- as I begin this season of my life, with Your Presence by my side and Your Spirit within my heart (Matthew 28:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit to hear His voice and sense His leading, as He sets you apart and sends you out with His Presence and power, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Friends, please keep us in prayer for our Breakthrough Prayer Conference this weekend, as I teach a hands-on training in Healing Prayer Ministry at Bear Creek United Methodist Church in Houston, Texas through Messiah Ministries. May you be encouraged and empowered by the Holy Spirit for breakthrough in your life and ministry!
 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!