Monday, January 25, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 25 - Spirit of Adoption, Spirit of My Father
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart to lead me in Your ways today.  ...
 
"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, 'Abba! Father!' it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs of Christ -- if, in fact, we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him" (Romans 8:14-17).
 
I'm not a slave, but a son. I'm not a charity case, but a child. I'm not a hard on my luck, but an heir to the kingdom of God.
 
You've not given me a spirit of slavery, but a spirit of adoption. You've given me Your very Spirit -- the Spirit of the Living God who stirs in my spirit to look up to You and cry out to You, "Abba! Father!" my Daddy God!
 
Lord, set my free from every religious mindset and misguided attitude that would try to steal from me the depth of intimacy and love You desire for me to have with You. By the power of Your grace, I'll not give into that slavery mindset that says I'm anything less than the beloved son that I am. 
 
I'm a child of God! I'm a son of the King! My spirit cries, "Daddy! Abba! Father God!" And neither Satan nor less-intimate saints can silence my spirit that cries out to my God in the tenderness and mercy You invite me to share and literally died for me to have!
 
I'm a child of God, filled with the Spirit of God. And there's nothing in this world that can every take that away from me. Come, Holy Spirit. Spirit of Adoption, Spirit of my Father, come fill me afresh today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Spirit of Adoption, who is the Spirit of your Father, will stir in your spirit to look up to Him and cry out to Him in the tenderness and intimacy He desires with you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!