Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 27 - Pursuing the Presence of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am to worship and wait for the leading of Your Spirit to intentionally, passionately begin my day in the presence in my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Moses said to the Lord, 'See, You have said to me, 'Bring up this people'; but You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, 'I know you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.' Now if I have found favor in Your sight, show me Your ways, so that I may know You and find favor in Your sight....' He said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest'" (Exodus 33:12-14).
 
Moses wanted to know Your ways, but You told him You were the Way. Moses wanted to know the path, but You taught him to seek Your Presence. And as his spirit came alive in conversation with his God, his prayer changed from "Show me Your ways" to "Show me Your glory" (v. 18).
 
Show me Your glory, Lord. Open the eyes of my heart to see You. Awaken the yearning of my spirit to pursue You. 
 
I know I need to seek to know Your ways and obey Your commands in the reverent fear of the Lord and respectful honor of my Creator. But at the same time, You've created me for more. You've created me for relationship -- for an intimate, living, vibrant, passionate pursuit of the presence of God. 
 
You stir my spirit to seek my God and the glory of Your presence. And I believe You desire that I never settle for anything less. So by the grace of God, I never will. By the grace of God, I embrace Your promise to me and every soul You've ever created for a deeply personal relationship with You:  "When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:13-14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Holy Spirit will stir in your heart to passionately pursue the presence of God and never settle for anything less, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as I join the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries team to speak on the Father's Heart and Kingdom Encounters for a Life in the Spirit Seminar at Friendship United Methodist Church in Porter, Texas just north of Houston (http://aldersgaterenewal.org/events/local-church-events/life-in-the-spirit-seminar). God bless you and may His Holy Spirit fill you and your church with His love and power!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!