Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 6 - Faith for the Journey of This New Year
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I awaken and worship You, as I welcome You into my thoughts and desires and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Now the Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.... So Abram went, as the Lord had told him..." (Genesis 12:1).
 
Abraham began his journey in faith. You told him to go and he went. At first, You didn't even tell him where, You just told him it would be to the land that You would show him. But You let him know that You would be with him, that You would guide him, and that You would bless him and bless others through him (v. 12:3).
 
As I begin the journey of this new year, I don't know exactly where You'll lead me. I don't really know what it will look like when I get there or what it will be like along the journey there. But I do choose to trust You, to put my faith in You. I choose to believe. I believe You'll be with me, that You'll guide me, that You'll bless me and others through me. I believe You know what's best for me and desire Your best for me.
 
Abraham "journeyed on by stages" (v. 12:4). And so have I. Thank You for being with me though every stage of my life. Just as You've always been with me before, I know You'll be with me now. You've always caused all things to work together for good for me -- sometimes, no matter how bad it seemed at the time -- and I know You always will.
 
You're a good, good God. You're a good, good Father. And I'm Your son. Just as a good father loves to give good gifts to his children, You love to give Your good gifts to me. And Your greatest gift is the gift of Your Spirit who guides me and comforts me, who encourages me and empowers me, who corrects me and matures me, who always reminds me that You're always with and even abiding within me (Luke 11:13).
 
So I'm excited to begin the journey of this new year, as I journey on to the next stage of Your plans and purposes for my life. You've given faith for the journey. And I've learned from experience, that the journey may not always be easy or painless or without its challenges, but I've also learned from experience it will be good for me because my good God, my good Father will always be with me every step along the way. 
 
In faith, I believe the promise of Your Word will be just as true for me this year of my journey as it always has been before:  "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord ..." (Jeremiah 29:11-14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you be filled with faith and excited expectation for the good plans your good God and Father has for you this new year, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

God bless you, my friend! Thank you for joining with me on this journey of prayer, morning by morning and day by day. 
"For this is the will of God, your sanctification"
-- to be conformed the image of the Son of God through the Holy Spirit of the Living God at work within you and me every day
(1 Thessalonians 4:3; Romans 8:29). 

You may also enjoy sharing in the journey of faith I've lived through my two books, 
Free to Be Like Jesus! and Morning by Morning 
available through our ministry:

 


 




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!