Thursday, January 21, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 21 - Word of God, Word of Life
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As humbly as I can and all by Your grace, I willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone today.  ...
 
"Indeed, the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul from spirit, joints from marrow; it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).
 
Thank You for Your Word -- the written Word of Your Scripture and the living Word of Your Spirit -- all at work within my life. It's like a two-edged sword that cuts both ways. It tells me when to rest and when to wrestle, when to wait and when to walk, when to awake and arise and when to bow low and be still. It tells me how to "live and move have (my) being" in You (Acts 17:28).
 
Lord Jesus, You are the Word of God (John 1:14). You are my "Word of Life" (1 John 1:1). And all the words of Your Scripture and the words of Your Spirit are "spirit and life" to me (John 6:63). "It is by (my) holding fast to the Word of Life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I did not run in vain or labor in vain" (Philippians 2:16).
 
So Word of God, Word of Life, come speak to my spirit today -- now in this morning communion of prayer to begin my day in the right way and then throughout every moment, every challenge, and every decision that I'll encounter and experience. Let Your Word be my Standard and my Guide, as You show me and lead me in "the path of life" You have for me today (Psalm 16:11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Word of God will be your Word of Life, as He leads you by His Word and His Spirit in the path of life the Lord has for you today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!