Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 26 - "Father's Good Pleasure"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I set my mind on the things above, as I seek You first in these first moments of my morning.  ...
 
"Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possession, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Luke 12:32-34).
 
Daddy Abba, my Father God, You set me free from striving for the things I desire and even the things I think I need (v. 29). You deliver me from the demons of worry that seek to weigh me down and wear me out (v. 22). And You remind me how much You love me and care for me, how You protect me and provide for me (v. 28). And then You realign my thoughts with what really matters, always encouraging me to, "Instead, strive for (Your) kingdom, and these things will be given to (me) as well" (v. 31).
 
It's not Your reluctant good will, but rather, it's Your "good pleasure" to give me Your kingdom. And what is Your kingdom? "The kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).
 
As I seek You and Your kingdom, as I trust You and Your heart of good pleasure to pour the "unfailing treasure" of heaven into my heart by Your Spirit, You fill me with Your "righteousness and peace and joy." That's what I really need. That's what I should really treasure. And if that's the goal of this day, I don't really have to worry about anything else. So, come, Holy Spirit. Help me let that be the goal of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you be filled with righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit today, set from from worry about everything less, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as I join the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries team to speak on the Father's Heart and Kingdom Encounters for a Life in the Spirit Seminar at Friendship United Methodist Church in Porter, Texas just north of Houston (http://aldersgaterenewal.org/events/local-church-events/life-in-the-spirit-seminar). God bless you and may His Holy Spirit fill you and your church with His love and power!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!