Friday, January 08, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 8 - Here I Am, by the Grace of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I greet the day with my greeting to You. Help me start this day and every day embraced by our Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"If it had not been the Lord who was on our side --let Israel now say-- if it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when our enemies attacked us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us; then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us; then over us would have gone the raging waters. Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as prey to their teeth. We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth!" (Psalm 124:1-8)
 
Thank You, Lord, that You're always on my side. You're always for me! And if the Lord be for me, who can be against me! (Romans 8:31)
 
As I look back on where I've been and look forward to where You're leading me now, I stand in awe of You and all You've done for me. So many times, I could have been swallowed up alive; I could have been swept away in the floods; I could have drown in the raging waters of the plans and schemes of the enemy of my soul. 
 
Some of these attacks were like frontal assaults that I saw coming all too well. Others were so subtle and sly I would have surely been taken in and led down the primrose path to my destruction if it weren't for Your watchful eye and grace of discernment to expose the enemy's crafty strategies. And so many I'm sure I'll never even know until I see You one day face to face in the eternal peace of heaven. 
 
But this I know:  If it had not been for the Lord who was on my side, I would not be here to praise You. Here I am, by the grace of God. I am yet alive. I am yet free. And I am yet available to give my life as a living sacrifice, more fully to You every day (Romans 12:1). 
 
So take my life -- it's already been bought with a price -- and use it every day to the glory of Your name in this adventure that lies ahead (1 Corinthians 6:20). No doubt the ancient enemy of my soul be up to his old tricks, but there is no doubt that You've already secured my success through the victory of Your cross and the power of Your name so that I'm already more than a conqueror in You! (Romans 8:37) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you know in your heart you are here today by the power of the grace of God, ready and willing to live your life as a living sacrifice, to the glory of His name in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 



Friends, you may also enjoy sharing in the journey of faith I've sought to live, through my two books, 
Free to Be Like Jesus! and Morning by Morning 
available through our ministry:

 


 




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!