Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 15 - Dig Deeply, Act Obediently
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am to worship You and welcome You into my heart and the moments of my day, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I tell you? I will show you what someone is like who comes to Me, hears My words, and acts on them. That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and laid a foundation on rock; when a flood arose, the river burst against that house but could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears and does not act is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the river burst against it, immediately it fell, and great was the ruin of that house" (Luke 6:46-49).
 
I want to dig deeply into Your Word and listen intently for Your voice, as I come to You and hear Your words. I want to start my day on a rock solid foundation that seeks You first before anything else. Then when the rivers burst and the waves crash and the winds blow against the house of my faith, I will be confident that the One I came to embrace in the morning will be the One embracing me through whatever comes against me all day.
 
And at the same time, I want my inner faith to lead to outer action. I want the faith that takes hold of my heart to also take off through my feet. Faith comes by hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17). But faith grows by acting upon Your word, when faith becomes feet (2 Thessalonians 1:3-4).
 
So as I come to You to begin my day calling You "Lord" in prayer, give me the power of Your grace to also live out my day putting the words I hear in my heart into action in the steps of my feet. As Your Word commands, "Be doers of the word, and not merely hearers who deceive themselves. For if any are hearers of the word and not doers, they are like those who look at themselves in a mirror; for they look at themselves and, on going away, immediately forget what they were like" (James 1:22-24).
 
Let me not forget what You've said of who You are and who I am in You. Rather, let me put feet to my faith and reality to my relationship, as one who first comes to You, hears Your words, and then acts in faith -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will come to God first, hear His words to you in prayer, and act upon His truth in your heart by faith throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus' name. May you dig deeply and act obediently, as best as you can and all by His grace. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
          
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!