Friday, March 25, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 25 - A Good and Awful Day
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Friday we call Good, I want to take some time to look to the One whose goodness and grace means the world to me.  ...
 
"It was nine o'clock in the morning when they crucified Him.... When it was noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. At three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?' which means, 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?' ... Then Jesus gave a loud cry and breathed His last. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. Now when the centurion, who stood facing Him, saw that in this way He breathed His last, he said, 'Truly this Man was the Son of God!" (Mark 15:-25-39)
 
I believe You are the Son of God. You are my Savior and my Lord. And I believe my Father's heart was torn in two like the temple curtain when You died on that cross in my place for all my sins and the sins of the world.
 
I also believe that death had no victory and hell had no say on that good and awful day. The grave would never hold You and the heavens would enfold You. And all who believe You, who embrace and receive You, stand in awe of You and all You were willing to for us in Your love.
 
But before I hurry on to the joy of Your resurrection, I want to take time to remember today the sacrifice of Your crucifixion. In that moment, You were forsaken so that I would never be forsaken; You bore my sin and shame so that I could be forgiven and free. You were crucified in the flesh so that my flesh could be crucified in Christ. You died in my world so I could live forever with You in Yours. And in that sense, that awful day was a good day indeed. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray your spirit would arise in thanksgiving and praise as you look upon the One who loves you so and His sacrifice for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
          
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!