Monday, March 21, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 21 - When It Was All Said and Done
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I drink deeply of Your living waters and dig deeply into Your living Word.  ...
 
"When Jesus had finished saying all these things, He said to His disciples, 'You know that after two days the Passover is coming, and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified.' Then the chief priests and the elders of the people gathered in the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, and they conspired to arrest Jesus by stealth and kill Him" (Matthew 26:1-4).
 
When You "had finished saying all these things" -- when all was said and done that You came to speak and came to do in Your words of life, lived out in truth and love with the Father's heart in the power of the Spirit -- You knew the time had come to offer Your life as a living sacrifice. You were not surprised and You didn't want Your disciples to be surprised, for "the fullness of time had come" (Galatians 4:4). Emmanuel -- God with us -- was also always eternally destined to be Yeshua -- the Salvation of God (Matthew 1:21-23).
 
It's true the chief priests and the high priest and the elders of the people made their plots and plans in a conspiracy of stealth and sin out of their jealousies and fears. But at the same time, their freedom of will was also a matter of the sovereignty of God. They were free to make their choices, but You had also eternally made Yours. "For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes if from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again. I have received this command from My Father" (John 10:15).
 
You were eternally destined to be "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). Not in the timing of the world, but in the timing of God. Not merely at the will of sinful men, but ultimately in the will of our merciful God. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:16-17).
 
Thank You, Lord Jesus. When it was all said and done, You willingly, lovingly, laid down Your life for me. And because You did, I will live forever with You (John 11:25-26). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will embrace the fullness of life you have in Christ, through all Jesus has said and done on your behalf, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
          
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!