Friday, March 18, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 18 - "Hear Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I humble myself in Your sight, as You lift me up in Your embrace, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"To You, O Lord, I call; my Rock, do not refuse to hear me, for if you are silent to me, I shall be like those who go down to the Pit" (Psalm 28:1).
 
As I open up my heart and lift up my spirit in the communion of prayer, asking You to hear me, it seems I hear You say to me:
 
"Hear Me, My son. I open up My heart to you. I pour out My Spirit into your spirit. I draw you close as you seek to draw Me close. I created you for intimacy with Me. I am your Father; you are My son. I love to give to My children the good gift of My Presence -- not only to know it in your mind, but also to experience it in your heart. Be still and know that I am God. Pursue Me and know that I am the One pursuing you."
 
Yes, Lord. As Your Word says, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:8-10 NKJV). "In the last days it will be, God declares, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh" (Acts 2:17). "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5).
 
Thank You, my Father God, for opening up Your heart and pouring out Your Spirit. Thank You for drawing me to these morning times set apart for just the four of us -- Father, Son, Holy Spirit and me (2 Corinthians 13:13). Thank You for leading me to be still before You, to rest in Your Presence, to watch and to wait for the leading of Your Spirit, and at the same time, to passionately pursue You and seek to love You "with all (my) heart, all (my) soul, with all (my) mind, and with all (my) strength" (Mark 11:30). 
 
For me, it's in these early morning times that hear and know so clearly in my heart this eternal truth:  "You show me the path of life. In Your Presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasure forevermore" (Psalm 16:11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will drawn to the place in your day and in your heart where you are still in your soul to wait upon the Lord, and at the same time, passionately pursue Him in your spirit with all that your are to embrace all that He is. May you hear Him and experience Him every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
          
  
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!