Friday, February 22, 2019

Morning by Morning, February 22 - Courage of Conviction
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord. Send me. First, I'm here in prayer. Then, I'm sent into my world to live and love and minister from the overflow I receive here in my deeply intimate and personal time with You, where deep calls to Deep and I abide You as You abide in me -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"And the One who was seated on the throne said, 'See, I am making all things new.' Also He said, 'Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.' Then He said to me, 'It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. Those who conquer will inherit these things, and I will be their God and they will be My children. But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, the murders, the fornicators, the sorcerers, the idolaters, and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death'" (Revelation 21:5-8).
 
Lord, give me courage of conviction. These Words are "red letter Words" in my Bible, spoken from the mouth of Jesus. Forgive me for every way I've ever been cowardly. And at the same time, forgive me for every way I've ever joined in the sin or come into agreement with the heart and attitude of those who are faithless, polluted, murders, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, or liars. I know what it to sin. And I know what it is to confess it, repent of it, and be forgiven of it when I was willing to admit the sin for the sin that it was, instead of excuse it or explain it away. There's no greater joy than to be restored again to "the joy of (my) salvation" (Psalm 51:12), with "clean hands and (a) pure heart" (Psalm 24:4), and to be forgiven and cleansed "from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). 
 
But sometimes the fear of man makes me waiver. Sometimes the voices of intimidation make me step back. Sometimes the concern for my reputation makes me stand by in silence. And if I'm really being honest with You and with myself, I have to admit that's giving in to the heart and spirit of "the cowardly" (Revelation 21:8 in "red letter Words).
 
Lord Jesus, line up my heart with Yours, my mind with Yours, my will with Yours. Give me Your Heart and Spirit. Replace my cowardice with Your courage -- the courage of conviction. "For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7 NRSV) -- not "a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV).
 
The courage of conviction restores my heart and spirit to "the fear of the Lord" (Isaiah 11:2; 2 Corinthians 5:11). And in "the fear of the Lord" I grow in grace and Your Church grows in our world, just as You modelled for us in the early Church that turned the cultures of this world "upside down" in the power and authority of Your Word and Your Spirit (Acts 17:6). "Meanwhile the Church throughout Judea, Galilee, Samaria had peace and was built up. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers" (Acts 9:32). That was Your plan for Church growth. That was Your plan for a way forward. That was Your plan for "making disciples of all nations" and "teaching them to obey everything that (You) have commanded (us)" (Matthew 28:19-20).
 
In humility and faith, in confession and repentance, in trusting obedience to You and Your Word, I pray for more courage of conviction. I pray that by the power of Your grace, I will "be strong and courageous," not "frightened or dismayed, for the Lord (my) God is with (me) wherever (I) go" (Joshua 1:9). Here I am, Lord. Send me (Isaiah 6:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be forgiven and free from all that would hold you back from walking faith and speaking the truth in love with the courage of conviction the Holy Spirit of God is awakening in you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!