Friday, May 03, 2019

Morning by Morning, May 3 - "Bold for Christ" in "the Spirit of Christ"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit to walk in Your ways -- with the authority of Your name in my words and the nature of Your character in my heart. ...
 
"I will continue to rejoice. For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance. For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die" (Philippians 1:18-20 NLT).
 
My Father God, I thank You that the "the Spirit of Jesus Christ" fills me and helps me and leads me. Holy Spirit of the Living God, You are "the Spirit of Christ," "the Spirit of the God living in (me)" (Romans 8:9). By Your Spirit abiding within my spirit, "truly (my) fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ" (1 John 1:3). And in the mystery of faith and the communion of Your Spirit with my spirit, "Christ lives within (me), so even though (my) body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives (me) life because (I) have been made right with God. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in me!" (Romans 8:10-11 NLT). Lord, let me never forget that and never take that for granted!
 
Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day. "Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did" (1 John 2:6 NLT). It's not by my own goodness or righteousness, but all by Your Spirit abiding in my spirit that You're able to express Your nature through my life in the power of Your grace. "God has given us His Spirit as proof that we live in Him and He in us.... All who declare that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God.... So we will not be afraid in the day of judgment, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world" (1 John 4:13-17 NLT).
 
So by the power of Your grace, may I be "bold for Christ" and seeking to live my life more and more like Christ, as You keep filling me afresh with "the Spirit of Christ" every day. Join my heart with Your heart, my thoughts with Your thoughts, so that my ways become Your ways, for "the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17 NLT).
 
Now, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with (us) all!" (2 Corinthians 13:14) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be bold for Christ in the Spirit of Christ as you abide in Him and He abides in you, filling you afresh with the Spirit of the Living God every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!