Thursday, May 30, 2019

Morning by Morning, May 30 - Home from Africa -- Humbled and Inspired
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King of my heart and Lord of my life this day and every day. ...
 
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come" (Matthew 24:14 NKJV).
 
After two weeks of ministry in the Africa, I laid my head down in Texas last night, but my heart is still in Uganda. As I begin my re-entry process, I can still heart the beating of the drums and the shouts of praise that filled dirt-floor churches and passion-filled hearts in great freedom of worship. I can still hear the spirited praises rising from hearts who had lost everything in their worn-torn nation of Sudan to come live in the refugee camps, surviving on little more than faith and hope alone. I can still see the smiling, radiant faces of so many who live in what we might call abject poverty but who are richer than we could imagine with the joy of Jesus in their hearts and the freedom and passion of the Spirit in their witness. And I can still sense the stirring and humbling of my own heart from the inspiration of these brothers and sisters who share my faith so far from my world, but who live it out every day with an unshakable hope and unbreakable spirit in their tenacious, persevering faith. 
 
Truly I received so much more from them as I was ever able to give. I may have been preaching this gospel of Your kingdom in their land, but their lives and their witness were preaching this gospel of Your kingdom into my heart. By the power of Your grace, may none of us ever be the same! 
 
As we all continue to preach this good news with our lives and our words, in hope and in love, in all the world and to the ends of the earth, one day "the end will come." But every day between this day and that one, may we inspire one another and "encourage one another, and this all the more, as (we) see the day drawing near!" (Hebrews 10:25 NAB) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you live out your faith in your life and your words every day, inspired by the tenacious, persevering faith of those you encounter along the way, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

African Sunrise in Northern Uganda

Ministry Trip to Uganda
Friends, thank you so much for all your prayers and encouragement for our ministry trip to the African nation of Uganda May 16-29 for teaching, preaching, and evangelism in the refugee camps, pastors and leaders conferences, and a variety of settings to spread the Fire of the Holy Spirit and the love of God in Jesus' mighty name! Our team hosted by New Life Endowment with Mike and Norma Scalf, Martha Zaruba, and Gwen DuBose was so delighted and thrilled to see many salvations, healing, freedom, and hope renewed as we were able to share the good news of the kingdom of God in so many settings! We're excited to continue to hear what God has done in them and in us! God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!