Friday, May 10, 2019

Morning by Morning, May 10 - Spiritual Warfare Prayer and Proclamation
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart with Your heart and my thoughts with Your thoughts, as I begin my day surrendered to You and surrounded by Your Presence -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"When an attendant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. His servant said, 'Alas, master! What shall we do?' He replied, 'Do not be afraid, for there are more with us than there are with them.' Then Elisha prayed:  'O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.' So the Lord opened the eyes of the servant, and he saw; the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha" (2 Kings 6:15-17).
 
The horses and chariots that surrounded Elisha and his servant were real. They really were sent by sent by a wicked ruler to seize and capture the man of God to stop him from fulfilling his calling and mission of God (2 Kings 6:11-14). The plans of his enemy coming against him were not a veiled threat, a figment of an overactive imagination, or a manifestation of paranoid, irrational thoughts. The man of God and those near him were truly under attack.
 
In the same way, we really do have a spiritual enemy who is "like a roaring lion" who "prowls around, looking for someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8). He is a "thief" who "comes only to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10:10). And sometimes we really are surrounded by those he has sent against us to seize us and capture us and stop us from fulfilling our calling and mission of God. Sometimes we truly are under spiritual attack.
 
But no matter the plan of attack, no matter the size and strength of the army of hell sent against us, there is One greater! The "Commander of the Army of the Lord" is His name! (Joshua 5:14) And "the One who is in (us) is greater than the one who is in the world!" (1 John 4:4) As You warned us long ago, "in this world (we) will have tribulation, but (we need not fear, for You) have overcome the world!" (John 16:33 NKJV)
 
So as the song of deliverance and victory in You proclaims, "It may look like I'm surrounded, but I'm surrounded by You!" For "as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people!" (Psalm 125:2).
 
Surround me, Lord. Surround me and all who are near to me with Your "wall of fire" (Zechariah 2:5). Let nothing cross the line You've drawn between me and my enemies in the Blood of Jesus -- the power of "the Blood of the Lamb" that makes me an overcomer and more than a conqueror in Christ (Revelation 12:11; Romans 8:37).
 
Surround me and all who are near to me with "the whole armor of God" -- the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shoes of peace, the sword of the spirit, and the shield of faith, as I "pray in the Spirit" and take my "stand" against every attack and plan of my spiritual enemy to stop the call and mission of God through our lives (Ephesians 6:13-18). By the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony, we are "strong in the Lord and in the strength of (Your) power!" (Ephesians 6:10)
 
Like the servant of the man of God, open my eyes to see it! Open my mind to believe it! Open my spirit to recieve it! By the power of the Blood of the Lamb, every curse sent against me is broken and every assignment against my calling and mission is cancelled in the mighty name of Jesus! (Galatians 3:13; Philippians 2:5-11; Revelation 12:11).
 
By the power of Your grace, surrounded by You and "clothed in Christ," I will not give in to fear; I will not surrender, nor will I retreat before the enemies of the Cross and the enemy of my soul (Galatians 3:26). To the contrary, I will stand even more firm, as You stand in me and I stand in You (Ephesians 6:14; John 15:5). 
 
As I call upon Your name to submit every area of my heart and life to You and Your Word and Your Spirit, I will "resist the devil, and he will flee from (me)!" (James 4:7). As I "live in the shelter of the Most High" and "abide in the shadow of the Almighty," as I "say to the Lord, 'my Refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust,'" You will "deliver me from the snare" of my enemy and I "will only look with my eyes and see the punishment of the wicked" for "(You) will command (Your) angels concerning (me) to guard (me) in all (my) ways" (Psalm 91:1-11). I will "trample under foot" the plans and schemes of my enemy" (Psalm 91:13). Just as You have promised:  "Those who love Me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know My name. When they call to Me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them My salvation!" (Psalm 91:14-16)
 
So right now, as for me and my house, as for me and all those who are near to me in my calling and mission of God, I proclaim the promise of God in the mighty name of Jesus:  "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under (my) feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with (us all)!" (Romans 16:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you know you are surrounded by the One who is stronger than anything ever coming against you, standing firm in Christ, clothed in Christ and the whole armor of God, to see how the God of peace shortly crushes Satan under your feet, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Preaching in Pakistan through our Internet Ministry
Friends, thank you so much for all your prayers and support for our outdoor evangelistic meetings in Pakistan through our Skype Internet Ministry. Each month, I am preaching in different villages around Lahore, Pakistan in the Punjab Region. They set up a big screen with an interpreter and ministry team in an outdoor tent-type setting. Please keep us in prayer this Saturday when I'll be preaching a message of hope, healing, and salvation (Saturday morning Texas time and Saturday evening Pakistan time). God bless you and thank you for all your encouragement and prayers!

Ministry Trip to Uganda
Friends, please keep us in prayer as our team prepares to travel to the African nation of Uganda May 16-29 for teaching, preaching, and evangelism in the refugee camps, pastors and leaders conferences, and a variety of settings to spread the Fire of the Holy Spirit and the love of God in Jesus' mighty name! Thank you and God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!