Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Steady as She Goes 4-5-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am to worship. Here I am to pray. Here I am to watch and to wait as we begin a new day. ... "Steady as she goes." Yes, Lord. In a way, our lives are like a ship at Your command. We may encounter troubling seas or dangerous waters, but we are to stay the course, moving forward with caution, at Your command. We are to move steadily forward and we are to move cautiously; but we need not fear, for we will not waver as we continue to place You at the helm. "To be steady, is to be consistent and persistent. Keep your eyes fixed on Me, and I will direct your course. Keep your ears tuned to the sound of My voice, and you will hear My commands. Though you traverse troubled waters, you will not crash upon the shoals, but will fulfill the calling of your journey." Yes, Lord. You are the Master and Commander of our vessel. You are the Lord of Hosts and the Captain of our command. Give us the wisdom to seek You, the sensitivity to hear You, and the courage to obey. "Keep my steps steady according to Your promise, and never let iniquity have dominion over me" (Psalm 119.133). Then we will be steady and secure through these troubled times. Then we will know Your peace in the journey and finish our course for our generation with valor and honor, by Your grace. "Those of steadfast mind, You keep in peace -- in peace because they trust in You" (Isaiah 26.3). In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers for our revival this weekend at Hickory Flat United Methodist Church in Canton, Georgia. May the Lord stir His revival in your hearts and cities. To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!