Friday, April 01, 2005

Jesus is Lord 4-1-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I actively welcome You into my heart and my thoughts in whole-hearted surrender and single-minded devotion. ... " 'The Word is near to you, on your lips and in your heart' (that is the word of faith that we proclaim); because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. The Scripture says, 'No one who believes in Him will be put to shame' "(Romans 10.8-11). Lord, let our lips and our lives come into agreement; let our minds and our hearts be one. Release in us the kind of knowing faith that truly transforms our lives rather than a superficial level of identity with You. Knowing the right doctrines or understanding with our minds Who You are and what You have done is different from living a life in surrender to the leading of Your Lordship in every area of our lives. As Your Word warns us, "You believe that God is One; you do well. Even the demons believe -- and shudder" (James 2.19). Let our faith not be a facade. Let our lives be a reflection of our hearts, and let our hearts be fully surrendered to You. You give us the right and the responsibility to choose whether to fully surrender our lives to You or not, and You hold us accountable for our choices. As best as I can, I willingly submit to Your Lordship in every area of my life. You are Lord of my spirit, my soul, and my body. You are Lord of my marriage, my family, and all my relationships. You are Lord of my identity and Lord of my destiny, Lord of my work and my ministry, Lord of my gifting and calling and anointing. You are Lord of my finances and resources. You are Lord of my hopes, my dreams, my plans. You are Lord of my past, my present, and my future. You are Lord of all, as far as Your grace will go. I choose to declare now with my lips and my life, by Your grace, what all will declare sooner or later -- as every knee bows and every tongue confesses -- that "Jesus Christ is Lord" (Philippians 2.9-11). In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we'll be at the regional conference for Aglow International in Lexington, KY this weekend, where I serve as one of the advisors. Please cover us in your prayers and may the Lord cover you in His love. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!