Sunday, June 15, 2008

Everlasting Father 6-15-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit, perfectly revealing our Father's heart to me. ... "For a Child has been born for us, a Son given to us, authority rests upon His shoulders; and He is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). You are an Everlasting Father. In some ways, my earthly father was not. He left when I was young. And I missed him a lot. Little boys need their daddies. And then he died too early in life, and I still miss him a lot. Big boys need their daddies too. But all earthly fathers will fail in one way or another. All fall short of Your glory (Romans 3:10). I know I have -- many ways and many times. And we are all in need of Your grace to cover our sins and mistakes, to pour Your Father's blessing from Your Father's heart into the spirits of our children in all the ways we can't. You never fail and never grow weary of loving us and pouring Yourself into us. You are "the everlasting God" (Isaiah 40:28). And I thank You for Your everlasting Father's love for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org