Friday, June 13, 2008

Before I Was, You Were I Am 6-13-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Father, My Friend, My Lord and My God, You are I Am. ... "Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am' " (John 8:58). Before my day began, You were here. Before my life began, You were here. Before the beginning of all things, You were here. "All things have been created through Him and for Him. He himself is before all things, and in Him all things hold together" (from Colossians 1:15-17). So I have been created through You and for You. You hold me together. And You hold together all the challenges I'll face and the choices I'll embrace this day and the days to come. In Your hands, You will continue to create me and conform me into Your image (Romans 8:29). Then one day, all by Your grace, through the process of Your creation, I will be like You, according to Your Word: "Beloved, we are God's children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: When He is revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is" (1 John 3:2). That's hard to believe. But I choose to believe You and Your Word. I choose to live my life as if it were true -- because it is. Before I was, You were I Am. And You saw who I would be -- a child of God, created to be conformed to the image of God. Your Word is faithful and true. It will not fail, but will accomplish all that You have said -- even what You have said about me (Isaiah 55:11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com