Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nonconformist to This World 6-19-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Keep renewing my mind and conforming my nature. ... "He said to them, 'You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am He.' They said to Him, 'Who are you?' Jesus said to them, 'Why do I speak to you at all? I have much to say about you and much to condemn; but the One who sent Me is true, and I declare to the world that I have heard from Him.'... As He was saying these things, many believed in Him" (John 8:23-30). You are not of this world. And the ways of this world are not Yours. As You walked Your journey in the flesh through this world, You were never intimidated to confront the people and the sin of this world with words of truth out of a heart of love. You were confident in who You were and confident in the One who sent You. You were consistent and persistent in the message of Your words and actions, uncompromising in truth and unwavering in love: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not perish but have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. Those who believe in Him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God" (John 3:16-18). Love is not the same as unsanctified mercy. Your love comforts, but Your love also convicts. You love encourages, but Your love also corrects. You meet us where we are, but You never leave us as we are. You accept us, but not our sin and our ways of the world You came to change. You "so loved the world" that You were willing to be risk rejection in order to stand for truth. Out of that same heart of love, You mercies are tender, but Your judgments are strict, because the stakes are high. "And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil. For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. But those who do what is true come to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that their deeds have been done in God" (John 3:19-21). In Your love and mercy, convict me of my sin. Deliver me from compromise and complacency. Expose the ways of the world that have confused my thinking and defiled my faith and witness. Keep drawing me out of the darkness and into Your light. Let Your light expose the darkness in me and let the power of Your love drive it from me. Where my mind and my heart have become desensitized by the ways of the world, the flesh, and the devil that surround me and try to saturate me each day, sensitize me again to Your ways and will by Your truth. By Your grace and with Your courage, I choose to follow You and Your example in the power of Your Spirit to be a nonconformist to this world (Matthew 10:38). As You speak the truth in love to my soul and empower me by Your grace to live that truth with my life, I will "not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of (my) mind, so that (I) may discern what is the will of God (not my own will or the will of the world) -- what is good and acceptable and perfect" (Romans 12:2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come if you can and join in prayer if you can't for our city on Saturday, June 28th. Some are planning a gay pride parade that day but others are planning a day of celebration and worship of our God. Everyone is invited to The Crossing, 2700 Todds Road, Lexington, Kentucky, 9-12 am, Sat, June28th for Harp and Bowl worship (prophetic worship and intercession led by CornerStone International House of Prayer from Wilmore in the style of the Kansas City International House of Prayer). Please contact my friend Gerry Morford for details: gerry.morford@ky.gov or check our citywide prayer mailing through PrayLexington@aol.com Though I'll be away with my family that weekend, I'll be joining in prayer. Please join us as well as you can. I join with you in the agreement of prayer for your city and region. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night 6/20 at 7 pm -- on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org