Monday, June 02, 2008

"Prepare the Way of the Lord" 6-2-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart into the light of this new day. ... "A voice cries out: 'In the wilderness, prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all the people shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken' " (Isaiah 40:3-5). Lord, let me hear the voice of Your Holy Spirit calling to the depths of my human spirit. "Deep calls to deep" (Psalm 42:7). You are preparing my heart for more of Your heart, emptying me of more of my self and filling me with more of Your Self (Ephesians 3:19). You are preparing the way of the Lord, preparing the way for the glory of the Lord to be revealed in me and in every one of Your people, according to Your will and Your Word -- "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). So the same Holy Spirit who brings comfort, but also bring conviction (Isaiah 40:1-2). In Your mercy, You convict us; in Your love, You correct us (Hebrews 12:5-6). In Your desire for unhindered relationship with us, You seek to remove everything that separate us (Romans 8:39). So You bring down every mountain and idol that we would lift up to take Your place on the thrones of our hearts. You lift up every valley of discouragement and disappointment that would keep us for seeing You and the horizons You've set before us in Your plan for our lives. You make every crooked place straight that would lead us astray with distraction or deception. And You remove everything that might cause us to stumble and fall on the path of the destiny You've set before us. So help me hear and help me listen. Help me wait for the leading of Your Spirit, then arise and shine in the light of the glory of Your presence to follow You wherever You lead each day (Isaiah 60:1). Give me wisdom to listen for the voice of the One crying in my soul, trying to prepare the way of the Lord in me. Give me courage to welcome You into the wilderness of my ways so You can lead me into Yours. Then "the wilderness and the dry land shall be glad" (Isaiah 35:1). Then, with all those who are called by Your name and surrendered to Your will, we will look and see together what You are doing and hear what "the mouth of the Lord has spoken" into our human spirits by the voice of Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for your prayers for our gathering at the Billy Graham training center at The Cove in NC last weekend. Margaret Therkelsen led us by the Spirit into deeper depths of surrender and intimacy with God to be available as instruments in His hands in our world. And I was so thrilled to be able to preach and share my testimony in their beautiful chapel in the mountains with my friends from Margaret's city-wide prayer group she's led now for 29 years of faithful ministry to the Lord in Lexington. I pray the blessing of your connection with a vital praying group as the Holy Spirit prepares the way of the Lord in your city and region. God bless you! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org