Monday, June 23, 2008

"Groaning in Labor Pains" 6-23-08

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit. ... "We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now, and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies" (Romans 8:22-23). This summer is a season of spiritual intensity and preparation, like "groaning in labor pains" for the releasing of next season of Your eternal plan of redemption of all creation. Last night at the beginning of our annual retreat, Rick Joyner called our Fellowship of Ministries to seek Your leading for how we should fast and pray in preparation for the spiritual breakthroughs and release to come later this summer. Give me courage to endure this greater intensity as I embrace You in deeper intimacy. You were reminding me of the calling of our ministry to help "prepare the way of the Lord." Prepare my heart and soul to be able to fully embrace this coming move of Your Spirit. We are already tasting the first fruits, but this is but a foretaste of the feast to come. Many are saying revival is here, but even this measure of revival is but a foretaste of the feast to come. Lord, make me hungry for more, unwilling to settle for anything less, and prepared to participate in the fullness of this move. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your prayers this week as I join pastors and ministry leaders from many diverse ministries of the body of Christ for our annual retreat of the MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries in the next few days. Rick Joyner leads our retreats as we seek to hear what the Lord is saying to His church in these days: http://www.morningstarministries.org This is one of my times each year for some personal renewal and encouragement, and I'm really looking forward to it. God bless! Please pray for the final steps for publication of my new book -- Morning by Morning, A Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays. This will be a 365 Day Prayer Devotional taken from my morning prayers. It should be released July 4th at the Aldersgate Conference where I'll be speaking and teaching in Columbus, Ohio. If you're interested, you'll be able to order a copy soon! Subscribe free by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org