Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Anointing of the Presence of God - June 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters in these first moments of my morning, before we arise and go together throughout all the moments of this day. ...
"As for you, the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in Him" (1 John 2:27).
Thank You for the anointing that I have received from You and that abides in me. Lord, give me deeper revelation of what this means. ...
It seems I hear You say in my heart: "My son, My anointing is My Presence. I am with you and I am within you, by My Spirit Who dwells within your heart, soul, mind, and strength. To the degree that you are willing to embrace Me and My anointing, I am at work within you to save and sanctify you, to encourage and empower you, to teach and mature you, to lead and guide you. As you open your heart to abide in Me, so I enter your heart to abide in you."
Yes, Lord. I open my heart wide to welcome You and Your anointing. Help me trust You more each day, open more to You each day, embrace You more each day. Help me grow into the fullness of the promise of Your Word, "As He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17).
As You began Your ministry in this world as the Son of Man, anointed with the Spirit of God, You drew Your identity from the Word of God in Isaiah 61, and declared Your destiny of ministry on earth: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor" (v. 4:18).
And as You came to the end of Your ministry in human flesh, anointed with the Holy Spirit of God, You sent forth Your disciples to continue Your ministry in the anointing and authority of Your Spirit, declaring: " 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so I send you.' When He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit' " (John 20:21-22).
In the anointing of Your Spirit, abiding in each of the sons and daughters of God with You in our hearts, we continue Your ministry of proclaiming the coming of the Kingdom of God and seeing You demonstrate it in Your power through Your people. We see the fulfillment of Your prophetic word, "The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do" (John 14:12).
So I embrace the anointing of Your Spirit and the abiding of Your Presence in my life today and every day, as best as I can and all by Your grace. As You are, let me be more like You in this world. Apart from You, I can do nothing (John 15:5). But anointed by the abiding Presence of Your Spirit, I'll never be apart from You. And I can do all things You've called me and anointed me to do, through Christ Who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Healing Rooms of Lexington Prayer Ministry Team Training, Saturday June 4th. Please send Linda Dulin-Moore a note if you'd like to join us in this ministry: PrayerLead@aol.com (our pastor of prayer ministries and associate director of the Healing Rooms of Lexington).
Friends, you're invited to our Saturday Cook-out June 11th in Lexington to share about my ministry trip to Africa in August, preaching the gospel in outdoor festifvals and teaching a Pastor and Leaders conference with Wesley Paul Minsitries. Waterford Club House, 6:30-8:30 pm. Please send me a note if you'd be interested. We will also be celebrating my 50th birthday and there's no better gift than the encouragement of my friends in my passion to share the love and power of Jesus around the world! tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org