Monday, June 27, 2011

My Favorite App - June 27

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me start this day centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Help me live this way all day long. ...
"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul" (Psalm 94:19, NKJV).
One of my best friends has this verse of Your Word pasted to the wall of her iPhone. It's her favorite App. She just applies the Word of God to whatever worries her. It reminds her that there are multitudes of anxieties that would want to overwhelm us throughout the moments of our days, but we shouldn't feel guilty because we feel anxious. Instead, we should immediately choose to turn our anxieties to You. And as we do, Your comforts delight our soul. So even the anxieties of all the circumstances of life only serve to draw us nearer to You. "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7, NRSV).
God, You are so good. You've created a world where everything we encounter or endure will draw us to You if we'll let it. And close to You is where I want to be - under the covering Your mercy, in the security of Your peace, in the provision of Your abundance.
"You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress; my God in whom I trust.... Those who love Me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know My name. When they call to Me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them My salvation" (Psalm 91).
There will be trouble in this world, but You are with us. There will be multitudes of anxieties, but we can cast them all upon You. So with my hand in Your hand and Your Spirit in my heart, I have nothing to fear, nothing to worry about, nothing to be anxious of that will ever have any lasting power over the moments of my long life - my eternal life - in You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may the Lord be near to you today and every day; may the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus (from Philippians 4:7). In Jesus' mighty name, Amen. Thank you for praying that for me!
Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute