Friday, June 24, 2011

"Do Not Keep Worrying" - June 24

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord. Watching and waiting for the leading of Your Spirit, as I begin this day in the communion of prayer with You. ...
"And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. For it is the nations of the world that strive after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, strive for His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:29-32).
Lord, You know the battle I have with worry. It's one of my greatest spiritual battles. Because You've given me the gift of great joy and deep peace, the enemy of my soul hates my joy and constantly tries to steal my peace. Even when I'm having a great time, whether in the ministry of Your kingdom or with my family on vacation, the spirit of worry seems to pursue my thoughts, trying to nip away at my peace of mind and spirit of joy.
Though worry is a spiritual battle, worry is also a sin. The wisdom of Your Word tells us plainly: "Do not worry" (Matthew 6:25). "Do not keep worrying" (Luke 12:29). "Be anxious for nothing" (Philippians 4:6, NKJ). And when I do something You tell me not to do, that's sin. You say not to worry, so worry is sin.
Forgive me, Lord, for the sin of worry. Forgive me for worry about provision for my family and ministry. Forgive me for worry about whether I'm doing enough for Your kingdom and enough for the people around me. Forgive me for worry about the economy, the weather, and the future of the world. Forgive me for letting the enemy of my soul steal a moment of my peace and joy. Help me rest in You, trust in Your provision, and fully enjoy all the abundant blessings I have.
That's not denial, that's determination - determination to let God and not the devil determine my perspective and set the course for the moments of my day. I'm determined, as best as I can and all by Your grace, to embrace You and all You have for me in every moment of every day as it comes, letting tomorrow take care of itself (Matthew 6:24). I can't add a single hour to my life by worrying (Luke 12:25). So help me quit trying.
So I choose, by the power of Your name, to reject worry and embrace peace, to renounce anxiety and breathe easy. Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light (Matthew 11:30). The wisdom of Your Word tells us plainly, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). So this is my prayer:
Father, I submit myself to You. I confess that I give in too much to the sin of worry. I repent of that. I turn away from that, from that mindset, from that way of letting the thief come steal, kill, and destroy my great blessings of Your great joy and peace. I ask You to forgive me and I receive Your forgiveness now, in the name of Jesus. And now, in the name of Jesus, I command the spirit of worry to be bound and overcome by the power of the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony. I command it to get out of my thoughts and out of every area of my life. I command it to go now, defeated, to the feet of Jesus, to be judged by Him, and never return. Come, Holy Spirit, I pray. Come and fill my mind with Your thoughts, my heart with Your desires. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and flood my soul again with the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding. Thank You, Jesus. Praise the Lord! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends, we've been enjoying a few days with my kids in one of the ministry cottages at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries near Nashville. What a great blessing and tremendous ministry. Please come join us at the end of July for the Aldersgate Conference 2011, being held this year in Dayton, Ohio. I'm excited to be one of the teachers of the equipping sessions and serve on the prophetic ministry and prayer teams: www.aldersgaterenewal.org It's always one of the highlightws of my summer with passionate worshp and powerful ministry.

Subscribe
: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
: